Saturday, February 11, 2012

50th Post - The Award!

It is such a pleasant surprise, truly didn't expect anything when i just came to check my blog today :), But yay! i got the 'Liebster Blog Award' from Poonam of Kande Poha :).


A




Its seems surreal.. as i mentioned in one of my old posts.. less than a month back, i had no clue whatsoever what an event means in a blog, how to you make friends out here or what an blog award is!! I have been planning to write a blog, taking awful pictures of anything i cook,been collecting them and driving S up the wall :D.. Ya, i don't let him eat till i click & then i want to know immediately, how does the dish taste..good enough to post, what do you think i should next..blah blah!!

I have been procrastinating the idea for almost 6 months..in fact started one, wrote a intro & just forgot about it! Couldn't think of a name..got occupied with other things ( read sitcoms & sleep) and then eventually forgot about it :)..an accidental search led me to Vardhini's blog ( will tell the story later) and i saw an event there and just felt i should participate, as i love baking! Wrote to her & she was such a sweetheart to respond to me immediately and then began my obsession :D
Yup! i would say am obsession, coz i love the idea of writing..i love to hear from you guys & i look forward to see whats everyone cooking..i am amazed by each of your passions, culinary expertise, jaw dropping, mouth-watering pictures. I look forward to all our day to day stories :)
In fact there are times, i get confused, what recipe to leave & what i should make a note of in my recipe book and i keep thinking, when i should i try this...i don't know how much is too much, when i write.. its takes me a lot, to stop my ramblings & focus on food..Keep reminding myself 'Helllloooo! Ras, this is a food blog not a Ras Speaks Blog ..!!"  :D...but i do love a good story..even mundane rambling :))
I am a newbie and it feels great to be a small part of this big space. Hope to learn & love food more than ever :)..Thats from me..Another longgg post!


Poonam, thanks a ton again :) Its indeed very sweet of you & glad u think i am worthy of it!
Poonam has an amazing blog.. If you love Maharashtrian food like me, her place is the one you should be going too! She is amazing artist too..guys do check out her creativity..her sketches, crafts etc! 


A little about the award..



"Leibster" means dearest in German and as with any award, there is bit of a ceremony involved.These are the rules if you accept the award:
  • Copy and paste the award on your blog. Link back to the blogger who gave you the award.
  • Pick your five favorite blogs with less than 200 followers who deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they have received the award.
  • Hope that the five blogs chosen will keep spreading the love and pass it on to five more blogs.

Its lovely to spread the love & joy. My 5 picks for this award are :

1. Hema of Aromatic Cooking : I post a recipe & i don't hear from her..i miss them..really i do :).. she plays around with ingredients & def a place to watch out for !

2. Deepthi of Naughty Curry : One look of her dishes & you are literally drooling and all you can think of is..i so want it right now :)...

3. Sangee Vijay of Spicy Treats : She is a seasoned blogger. A versatile cook, with a lot of awards in her kitty. Her recipes are always a delight but beyond that she is very warm person, with the sweetest words!

4. Amarendra of Amu's recipes : Maharastrian recipes and a very fine, step by step explanation of the recipe never ceases to amaze me!

5. Nupur of UK Rasoi : Beautiful write up combined with great recipes and clicks makes a great blog :)

Do visit all there lovely blogs & happy blogging!! :)

17 comments:

  1. Thank you so much dear for writing those lovely words about my blog..Congrats for your well deserved award..wish you get many more in future!! :)
    Kande Pohe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely write up! Congrats on your 50th post n wish u many many more thousands :) congrats on your award,U deserve this n much more buddy...
    Thanks a ton for those sweet words,I am honored...thanks for sharing it with me sure will post it on my space soon...thanks U dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Rasi :-) Nd i totally relate with what u have wrtten about taking fotos...i dont let my hubby touch the food unless im done takin fotos! Poor hubbies... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank U so much dear for passing the award to me, and the lovely thoughts, same here dear, always looking forward to your visit..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Thr..First time on your blog...Congrats for the award and your 50th post...Happy to join you dear...Do visit me at http://muchmorethanahomemaker.blogspot.com/
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1st time on your blog...Congrats for the award n ur 50th post dear...Do visit me at http://mahaslovelyhome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. @poonam, sangee, hema : i just stated what the truth was :)
    @rosh : he he..i kinda enjoy that now :D its fun right!
    @neha : thanks for drooping by..am happy i found ur space!
    @ruchi : thanks :)
    @maha : i am already ur follower & u have come here before too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your awards n wishing many more..
    Erivum Puliyum

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats dear....u r well deserved for it..........i was thinking u r there in my list.....sorry dear 4 entering here too late.....
    lovely blog u have.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Rasi. I can really see why you got the award. Beautiful blog and yummy recipes...
    Happy Valentine's day!!
    http://cosmopolitancurrymania.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. my heartiest wishes..:)
    wishing you all success..
    happy blogging..
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your 50th post and wish you many more..Happy Valentine's Day.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thnx dear, I saw this today , will post it soon. Thnx again for passing this on to me :)

    What a cute name ..

    ReplyDelete

Really look forward to your opinions, comments & suggestions :)...Glad you took time to say something on my dish..Its a yay! moment for me :)